DigitalFlow GF868 Ultrasonic Flare Gas Mass Flow Meter
BHGE's Panametrics GF868 flare gas mass flow meter improves the efficiency of petrochemical plants, refineries and offshore platforms. It uses a proprietary algorithm to determine instantaneously the molecular weight and mass flow rate of the flare gas. The meter is used to conserve energy and reduce product loss by identifying sources of leaks into the flare systems and by accurately controlling the amount of steam fed to the flare tip. It also helps improve compliance with pollution control regulations.
Measurement of flare gas helps operators comply with environmental regulations, identify points of leakage, and reconcile plant mass balance to achieve optimum operating efficiency. So accurate, worry-free meter performance remains a top priority. With its track record of reliability, the GF868 ultrasonic flare meter has amassed the largest global installed base of flare gas flow meters. A meter self-health check feature, called Self-Calibration Check, can give operators confidence in the GF868 by providing reports and proof that the meter is performing as expected.
The meter does the self-heath check, using a proprietary algorithm, at predetermined flowrates and a predetermined hour chosen by operators. The meter will output a PASS if the meter is working correctly or a FAIL if there is any critical failure. In the case of a problem, operators know the status of the meter ahead of time and take actions accordingly.
Performance Testing and Documentation
With the largest installed base in the world, Panametrics flare gas flow meters have established a track record of accuracy through actual field operations and through third-party calibration testing. Customers now have an option of receiving detailed, customized documentation of performance directly from BHGE, where in-house calibration facilities test their meters to demonstrate uncertainties of better than 2%. This gives peace-of-mind assurance to customers requiring documented proof for regulatory compliance or for those who demand better than standard 2 to 5% accuracy during a Factory Acceptance Test (FAT). With this option, customers could avoid costly and time-consuming third-party testing.
- Operates reliably even under unsteady flow, pulsating pressure, varying composition and temperature, harsh environments
- Velocity range: 0.1 to 394 ft/sec (0.03 to 120 m/s) or stack sizes up to 120 in (3 m) in diameter
- Bi-directional velocity range: -328 to 328 ft/s (-100 to 100 m/s)
- Velocity, mass and volumetric flow
- Instantaneous gas molecular weight
- PASS/FAIL Self-Calibration Check on meter performance
- Measurement independent of composition
- No moving parts or orifices, nothing to clog or wear out
- No regular maintenance required (flow measurement is independent of the gas properties)