A retrofit for heavy-duty gas or steam turbines
Mark VIe Control Platform & Migrations
With expertise over years of alignment with engineers and technicians, BHGE’s Mark VIe Control Platform team supports both turbine control system upgrades and migrations applied across the full spectrum of applications, from gas and steam turbines, to wind and hydro, to safety controllers and plant DCS systems.
The Mark VIe Platform is available for upgrades to all legacy controls and supports the most advanced turbine technology enabled by contemporary model-based controls. The Mark VIe retrofit delivers a reliable, high-performance control system and the necessary support to reduce plant lifecycle costs.
Contact an Expert!
A Mark VIe control system retrofit for either heavy-duty gas or steam turbines improves performance, operability and availability for your operations. Its flexible design offers either a simplex, dual or triple redundant configuration to meet your needs. Benefits include:
- Ease of operation through advanced software tools and networks
- Less maintenance and mean-time-to-repair with modern diagnostic tools and the ability to integrate third party monitoring and control systems into the turbine control
- Improved lifecycle support with access to current upgrade/maintenance programs for software, hardware and spare parts
- Reduced project cost and implementation time
- Common HMI, training, testing and parts support
- Ensures system availability and operability with a reliable startup to avoid unnecessary trips
- Increases operator understanding of turbine operation, awareness of pending faults, and helps promote regular maintenance checks for key accessory systems
- Increased operator awareness of a turbine’s state and its progress to full-speed-no-load
- Enhanced troubleshooting ability of failed starts
- Improves the overall start-up process to ensure on-time, reliable plant start-up capability
The Mark VIe Turbine Control System with SIL-capable protection is designed for peace of mind, meeting the functional safety requirements of IEC 61508 and 61511. It integrates the SIL-certified robustness of the Mark VIeS platform with the proven control technology of the Mark VIe for gas turbines, providing reliable protection while minimizing installation and operational costs.
- SIL 3 capable
- Option to complete IEC 61511 requirements
- Optimizes availability
- No single point of failure