Largest Customer Solutions Center (CSC) for Inspection Technologies
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
About this Location
Baker Hughes, a GE Company, opened its largest Customer Solutions Center (CSC) globally for its Inspection Technologies business (IT) in May 2018. The Cincinnati CSC brings BHGE’s most advanced non-destructive testing technologies under one roof for the first time and is the leading facility of its kind.
The 26,000 square foot Cincinnati CSC was developed to better support customers for non-destructive testing needs. The facility provides a heightened experience for customers in three specific areas:
- World-class inspection services at the scale of a production facility
- Application development and qualification testing for customers and partners
- Customer demos and world-class training
The Cincinnati CSC serves customers requiring asset and process performance improvements, quality assurance, parts validation and repairs. The facility’s primary focus is on the growing aerospace, electronics and additive manufacturing industries, as well as oil & gas, automotive, and power industries. These industries require a new level of high-resolution imaging for inspection technologies, a key benefit of the CSC’s radiography and imaging systems. The facility’s proximity to significant aerospace and additive manufacturing presences in the region, including GE Aviation, makes the location ideal for customers and partners.
Within the Cincinnati CSC is the BHGE’s most advanced x-ray, CT, ultrasonic and remote visual inspection (RVI) technologies available today, as well as a state-of-the-art climate controlled measuring room for precision 3D metrology with CT and dedicated spaces for services and training. The facility also allows for personalized setups based on customer needs and will include additional technology in the coming years.
IT has already seen impressive results from its work with key customers for non-destructive testing. Three examples of the CSC’s technologies at work:
- GE Aviation has deployed 60+ radiography and RVI systems to inspect turbine airfoils, ceramic matrix composite (CMC) and additively-manufactured parts. With proprietary CT technology found in the CSC, average inspection time decreased by more than 80 percent for a single part, from more than an hour to just a few minutes.
- Air Asia has entered into a long-term agreement using multiple Mentor Visual iQ RVI units to enable faster inspection and increased accuracy for its global fleet of aircraft engines. With best-in-class 3D imaging and resolution capabilities, Mentor Visual iQ was chosen over a competitive technology for its outstanding features and leading performance.
- Safran has used multiple CT systems to inspect engine components on the CFM LEAP jet engine since the earliest days of the program, with a particular emphasis on driving greater insight to support engine durability.