Gain experience from our field engineers and technical experts. With over 4 decades of technical training experience, the Bently Nevada team has perfected the art of in-depth, long-term skill development.
Launching our services with one engineer in 1972, our MDS capabilities now encompass a global team of over 140 dedicated professionals - many offering decades of experience. Their combined 1,250 years serving Bently Nevada’s customers have resolved over 18,000 successful diagnostic challenges.
Our family of diagnostic services includes Rotor Balancing, Thermal Growth Studies, Rotordynamic Modeling, Thermodynamic Performance Audits, Reciprocating Machinery Diagnostics, Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Structural Analysis/ODS (Operation Deflection Shape), Machinery Start-up support and so much more.
Support Services & Training
You’re focused on achieving production commitments while reducing your company’s operating and maintenance expenses. We stand beside you to achieve these goals and help you target your objectives. We’ll ensure your system is properly maintained and operating at its fullest potential.
Our Remote Monitoring Services offer customized service agreements, Machinery Diagnostics experts, cyber security, design, installation, management, and support services.
We invite you to learn more about our support services and training opportunities:
- Service Agreements
- Machinery Diagnostics Services
- Cyber Security Services
- Product Repair & Calibration
- Bently Nevada Global Training
- Country-Specific Approvals
Questions? Our team has answers.
A Bently Nevada SSA Contributes to Lower Downtime
GE’s Bently Nevada has a Supporting Services Agreement (SSA) with a major Oil & Gas customer in the Middle East. The agreement includes monthly visits for multiple plants, focusing on machinery diagnostics, maintenance of the customer’s installed base, optimization of System 1*, and on-call emergency support.
- Improved machinery reliability and availability - by enabling proactive, condition based maintenance practices.
- Reliable and accurate data – System 1 provides detailed data to analyze and resolve vibration issues.
- Rapid diagnosis of problems and ability to isolate root cause – substantially reduces frequency and duration of unplanned downtime.
Through the terms of a GE Supporting Services Agreement (SSA), GE’s Bently Nevada team recently helped an offshore customer in the United Kingdom avoid costly downtime due to a vibration problem in a compressor rotor.
- Reduced costs. The combination of System 1 software and an SSA helped the customer avoid a machine trip on a critical asset, saving an estimated $1 million.
- Improved reliability and availability. The deployment of System 1 for all online diagnostics
- resulted in early detection of the problem, improving both reliability and availability of critical plant equipment.
- Avoided downtime. The early diagnosis by System 1 prevented costly downtime.
GE’s Bently Nevada line has a Supporting Services Agreement (SSA) with a petrochemical plant in the Middle East. The agreement includes remote support through the Bently Nevada Remote Monitoring Center (RMC) to System 1* Software on the plant’s most critical machinery for periodic machinery health monitoring and emergency support.
- Avoided costly downtime with a quick and accurate diagnosis of the problem, allowing the compressor to be up and running within 24 hours.
- Dramatically reduced labor and travel costs resulting from the centralized remote monitoring and diagnosis of the compressor.
- Avoided unnecessary maintenance costs by accurately diagnosing the problem and preventing the customer from further exploration.
The SSA Site Lead quickly determined that both the TDI and Keyphasor* modules were causing the rack to behave abnormally. The TDI was immediately replaced and the Keyphasor was completely removed from the rack as the rack was only assigned to monitor temperature and not vibration. The SSA Site Lead fixed the issue in 10 minutes and then gave the customer clearance to start up the machine.
- The customer’s SSA resulted in prompt support.
- Reduced delays in starting up their critical machine, which would have resulted in a loss of $1 million of revenue per day.
- Increased uptime and decreased downtime.