The 16th industrial X-ray Forum is coming to Wunstorf/Hannover. Don’t miss this exciting X-ray and CT user group meeting to learn how GE Inspection Technologies’s X-ray and CT Inspection solutions are pushing the boundaries of industrial CT inspection and 3D metrology, how other users apply CT inspection and metrology, and to celebrate the 20th anniversary of phoenix|x-ray.
What to expect
The X-ray Forum is targeted at current and future users of all aspects of GE’s 2D X-ray inspection and 3D computed tomography systems in industrial practice and scientific research, aerospace, additive part, casting or electronics inspection, materials science as well as 3D metrology and other radiography solutions.
Join the community of BHGE's Inspection Technologies X-ray and CT system users, meet leading edge researchers as well as sales, service and application experts, get to know about the latest X-ray technology developments and user applications. Additionally, learn in system and software tutorial courses and hands-on workshops how to increase the effectiveness of your work and optimize the quality of your inspection and measurement results.
Expect following topics and highlights:
- Conference presentations about technology updates and customer best practise stories
- Wunstorf CT production plant tour including system live demonstrations
- Tutorial overview sessions
- In-depth System- and Software workshops
- Attractive social evening events at Hannover Airport as well as celebrating 20 years of phoenix|x-ray at Lake Steinhude
Take part in 2D and 3D inspection technology updates, covering the wide range from nanoCT to Field Radiography. Learn about CT applications and best practise in more than a dozen application oriented case studies presented by customers.
- X-ray and CT technology system, software and detector updates
- 2D electronics inspection case studies
- Additive and casting inspection
- Fully automated CT inspection solutions
- Battery inspection
- 3D Metrology with CT
- Scientific research applications
- Field radiography
Confirmed presentations include topics such as:
- Fantastic animals and how to see them with X-rays by Dr. Belén Notario Collado, CENIEH (National Center for the Human Evolution), Atapuerca, Spain
- Digital Radiography of Cultural Art Objects by Holger Becker, LVR Landesmuseum Bonn, Germany
- 3D Computed Tomography of Li-Ion Batteries by Dr. Samira Bagheri, Juul Labs, Mountain View, California, USA
- Battery Manufacturing at ZSW – A Bridge from Lab Scale to Mass Production and Product Inspection through CT by Dr. Miriam Keppeler, ZSW Ulm, Germany
- 'Trip Avoidance X-Ray System' (TAXI) - essential integrity evaluation of process pipework whilst in-service by James R. McNab, Oceaneering International Services Limited, Aberdeen, UK
- Developing X-ray imaging techniques and super efficient algorithms for digital industrial design by Dr. Zhipeng Guo, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
- Basic and applied research using CT systems at CEITEC by Prof. Jozef Kaiser & Dr. Tomas Zikmund, CEITEC BUT - Brno University of Technology, Brno, Czech Republic
- Redefining VCT Automation for GE CMC Aviation Supply Chain by Stephen Daniel Rice, Responsible Level III DR/CT GE Aviation, Asheville, NC, USA
- Experiences with Helix Atline Computer Tomography(CT) and VG Inline at Volkswagen Foundry HanoverDr.-Ing. Raimund Rösch, Dr.-Ing. Ferdinand Hansen (retired,L), Frank Jeltsch, Sven Körtge-Sudmann, all Volkswagen Foundry Hanover, Germany
- The role of X-ray and CT in Failure Analysis of Integrated Circuits and Electronic Modules by Kees Revenberg, MASER Engineering B.V., Enschede, The Netherlands
Technology update presentations to expect:
- Developments of Hard- and Software for industrial high resolution and high energy CT by Dr. Oliver Brunke, Senior Product Manager Radiography & CT Systems, GE Inspection Technologies, Wunstorf, Germany
- Advances in Field Radiography technology by Steven Wissels, Global Product Manager Field Radiography, GE Inspection Technologies, Berchem, Belgium
Parallel to the conference each participant has the opportunity to join tutorials of 20 minutes each to learn more about latest system and software developments. These tutorials will be held by experienced phoenix|x-ray application engineers and software partners such as Volume Graphics and Thermo Fischer Scientific (Avizo).
On day 3, each participant is welcome to join several 60 minute interactive hard- and software hands-on workshops given by application engineers of GE and its software partners such as
Volume Graphics. Join to learn how to improve the effectiveness and quality of your work and to perform your specific inspection tasks by applying latest inspection hard- and software. The preliminary workshop program includes following sessions
- Advanced 2D X-ray inspection: tipps tricks and tools
- AXI programming and automated electronics inspection with phoenix nanome|x neo
- Production process control with fast helix and cone beam CT
- Advanced 3D CT: Tips, tricks & tools for efficient, high quality scans
- Precision 3D CT metrology referring to VDI 2630 guideline
- Digital Detector Array (DDA) development and manufacture - in-depth review
- Digital conversion: Static 2D Radiography with CR phosphor plate scanning, wireless digital detector arrays and X-ray sources
- Proactive Service for increased uptime and upgrade options
- Fully automated high throughput CT evaluation with VG InLine for industrial process control
- VGStudio MAX – Professional CT Data analysis tools for geometry and material analyses
- Advanced CT evaluation with Avizo
All workshops will be offered in English, most also in German.
Get insights about how Inspection Technologies is producing its proprietary CT core components and about assembly of its phoenix CT system portfolio in the Wunstorf manufacturing plants.
Also get to know the double garage where the phoenix|x-ray success story started 20 years ago.
Stations to be visited will be:
- X-ray tube and generator manufacturing
- CT systems assembly
- Customer Solution Center Radiography and CT Systems Overview
- Precision 3D Metrology with CT
- Field radiography overview: Wireless detector family, CR Scanner, X-ray tubes and Generators, DICONDE conform Rhythm inspection data platform
Join two attractive evening events to align with other CT users.
The first evening event will take place on the Airview terrace of the Hanover Airport including the aviation exhibition. Most attending customers will have the opportunity to experience an instructed flight in one of both flight simulators.
Celebrate on second evening the 20th anniversary of phoenix|x-ray directly on the shore of Lower Saxony's largest lake, the Steinhuder Meer, and enjoy an evening boat cruise.
The conference will take place at Hannover Maritim Airport hotel on July 9 and 10. The site tour and individual workshops will take place in Wunstorf on July 11.
Registration opens on July 9 at 9:00, the conference starts at 10:30 in the Maritim Airport Hotel.
End of the X-ray Forum will be on Thursday 11 at 3:30 pm.
For attendes, there is an room contingent reserved at special discount conditions. Please click the below link (English or German language) to book your accommodation directly with the Maritim Airport Hotel Hannover.
For reservation by email or phone just refer to the keycode GESI0907
Maritim Airport Hotel Hannover
Tel.:+49 511 / 9 73 70
To attend the full 3 day program including lunch, dinner evening events, conference, tutorials, workshops and site tour, the fees are:
400,- € excl. VAT Regular
Individual travel and hotel costs are not being covered by phoenix|x-ray.
X-ray Forum is upcoming in week 28
Do not miss the opportunity to register for the X-ray Forum 2019